Monday, June 4, 2012

Out of billions

I was thinking the other day how lucky I am. I have a wonderful family, a wonderful home, our family can afford to put groceries on the table every day, we can afford a car. But then another idea popped into my head: Why was I, out of billions and billions of people, chosen to be in God's kingdom? He could have gotten somebody smarter, somebody prettier, somebody more talented, somebody famous, or somebody more important than me. But no, He choose me. It is impossible to answer somebody if they ask why. Because I don't know. It is easier to see now just how lucky I am. God truly does care for all of us. And then I realized that He didn't just chose me out of billions of people, He chose me out of billions of people because He loves me and wants me to spend eternity with Him. And it is just so hard to comprehend how much He loves me and everyone else that He has called. So if you ever feel like nobody cares about you, just think how much God does. How He called you instead of somebody more _ than you are. How He chose you and how He loves you and how He has a special plan for you.  

1 comment:

  1. I love your sweet heart, Anna. Those are indeed hard questions to answer, why God would choose anyone and why He would specifically choose us. As you have already seen, it is a reason to praise Him and yet also a reason to pray without ceasing as you seek to understand Him more. Mom

    ReplyDelete